Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have to write it so I don't forget it

So, every night, we share a scripture story with the boys. Last night, I talked about Hannah. We talked about how she prayed and prayed to have a baby. I explained that she was blessed with Samuel, and that Harrison (Samuel Harrison) is named after him because I love this story. I shared a quick testimony about prayers and reminded the boys that we'd prayed alot as a family to have another baby- and now are blessed with Lincoln.
All was well... After family prayer, brushing teeth, going potty, and songs, it was time for individual prayers. Sometimes we wonder what our kids get from our efforts to teach, right? Here's what that story prompted Asher to request in his prayer:

"Please bless Mommy that she will have one hundred and sixty, eighty babies.... and that they will all be boys... tomorrow."

Whoa!

5 comments:

heidi said...

whoa is right!!!! good luck with that one. :) i just realized that i have your anniversary wrong on the calendar--its the 22nd right? i just don't want to repeat that mistake next time around...

Dave said...

So....did it work..!?

Keep enjoying your fabulous family.

James and Summer said...

wow - I haven't been on here in ages! I love keeping up with the cute parts of family!
What a BLESSING that would be.... a posterity as great as the sands of the sea ;) Asher is so sweet and pure - I love prayers at this age!
love you and miss you always!

Lacey said...

Soo funny! Literally laugh out loud cuteness. I'm glad you wrote that before you forgot too. Love you and the 100+ kids to come.

Chazlyn Robbins said...

You are such a great mom! But I hope this prayer doesn't come true. What a character!